Rootsie Homepage | Weblog | Tracey | Ayanna | Reasoning Forum | AmonHotep
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:45:02 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Rootsie
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  General Board (Moderator: Rootsie)
| | |-+  Rastafari
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Rastafari  (Read 27259 times)
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2003, 07:46:32 PM »

"even someone waiting to go into the gas chambers in Nazi Germany, could find happiness if they so wish; lets also remember there are persons suffering of every color....all over the world....just look at the Chetz situation, or how Tibetans and many, many others everywhere have suffered.....even those who are white and have the best of circumstances suffer.....in many ways,,,,,,they are never happy for more than a few hours at a time before lapsing into mental suffering or worry about whatever....that is suffering too; or someone living in Afrika with AIDS can even still be happy in the Heart as they lay dying.....it is good however, to take on the suffering of others but the I must be very skilled in doing that, converting the pain metaphyscially and sending it back out as love and healing....this is called 'taking and giving' , a practice given to the world by the Buddha, who was a Black mon by the way. Peace and Love, ......and live without guilt please!"

!!!NO HE DIDN'T!!!!!   Shocked (and I never use emoticons)
Tachala

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2005, 11:13:33 AM »

Rootsie my darlin,you seem to be on some kind of a mission to prove to the African peoples of the world that you some how understand our suffering through your embracement of Rastafari and nothing is wrong with that but just let go of the guilt please it can and will eat you alive.Peace
Tachala

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2005, 11:29:19 AM »

Even in the days of slavery in this country, black people whould come in from picking cotton from sun up to sundown and still rejoice in life itself,they whould always sing and dance in the face of oppression, in the worst gettos of the world black familys to this day have a good time with nothing at all.We are a spirtual people period and in that alone is reason to rejoice.
Rootsie
Roots

Rootsie.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2005, 02:07:30 PM »

I only understand the sufferings of blacks from a white perspective, so I can never fully understand them.

I don't think I operate from guilt, but I do stress the need for whites to engage the history, because I don't see any other way to address this white supremacist system that is taking everybody down.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length