Rootsie Homepage | Weblog | Tracey | Ayanna | Reasoning Forum | AmonHotep
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:22:11 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  Rootsie
|-+  HISTORY
| |-+  Historical Perspectives (Moderator: Rootsie)
| | |-+  Zeitgeist movie
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Zeitgeist movie  (Read 12357 times)
three_sixty

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2007, 09:31:43 PM »

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Thank you for your interest in Zeitgeist.
Zeitgeist was created as a not for profit expression to inspire people to start looking at the world
from a more critical perspective and to understand that very often things are not what the
population at large think they are. The information in Zeitgeist was established over a year long period
of research and the current Source page on this site lists the sources used / referenced.
Soon, an interactive transcript will be online with detailed footnotes and links.

It's important to point out that there is a tendency to simply disbelieve things that are
counter to our understanding, without the necessary research performed.
For example, some information contained in Part 1 and Part 3, specifically, is not obtained
by simple keyword searches on the Internet. You have to dig deeper. For instance,
very often people who look up "Horus" or "The Federal Reserve" on the Internet
draw their conclusions from very general or biased sources. Online encyclopedias or text book
Encyclopedias often do not contain the information contained in Zeitgeist. However, if one takes
the time to read the sources provided, they will find that what is being presented is
based on documented evidence. Any corrections, clarifications & further points regarding the film
are found on the Clarifications page. Downloadable formats are also now available, along with DVDs
by request.

That being said, It is my hope that people will not take what is said
in the film as the truth, but find out for themselves, for truth is not told, it is realized.

Thank You
Rootsie
Roots

Rootsie.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 01:58:04 PM »

So bleak.

I have been thinking a lot since watching this about people's need for religious devotion to a personified symbol, whoever it may be: Jesus, H.I.M., the Blessed Virgin (and I can't really help being fond of her in all manifestations). In the future age of Aquarius we may indeed all of us develop th desire or ability to conceive spirituality aligned with science and history, but there is something about this devotion to symbols that stir the heart, some kind of resonance and mystery which seems to have its own value, which is why we do it so persistently...I don't think devotion to an image is the problem, but the manipulation of people through the images which is the problem. If we could conceive them as symbols, and appreciate the loveliness of everyone's expressions of their understandings of the deepest truths...

There is a steep learning-curve here, and I hope Buckminster Fuller was right that we learn what is necessary in the nick of time, just when all seems lost.
Rootsie
Roots

Rootsie.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 12:39:50 AM »

...and another thing. This film itself was really manipulative. It inexorably leads to this one conclusion. My son pointed out to me how today, all the financial markets all over the world shuddered, China, China, China... and he reminded me of that Curtis Mayfield song: if we're going to hell we all go together. Whatever the ultimate outcome, not even the evil financiers have the situation in pocket. One world government...good luck, philosopher kings...
three_sixty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 07:35:53 PM »

So bleak.

I have been thinking a lot since watching this about people's need for religious devotion to a personified symbol, whoever it may be: Jesus, H.I.M., the Blessed Virgin (and I can't really help being fond of her in all manifestations). In the future age of Aquarius we may indeed all of us develop th desire or ability to conceive spirituality aligned with science and history, but there is something about this devotion to symbols that stir the heart, some kind of resonance and mystery which seems to have its own value, which is why we do it so persistently...I don't think devotion to an image is the problem, but the manipulation of people through the images which is the problem. If we could conceive them as symbols, and appreciate the loveliness of everyone's expressions of their understandings of the deepest truths...

There is a steep learning-curve here, and I hope Buckminster Fuller was right that we learn what is necessary in the nick of time, just when all seems lost.

* i agree with you. i know personally from my mother the power of the devotional image and the strength it can give to ones. it is indeed as you pointed out the abuse of the symbol to lead ones astray that is the problem - it is an abuse of power.
three_sixty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 07:41:02 PM »

...and another thing. This film itself was really manipulative. It inexorably leads to this one conclusion. My son pointed out to me how today, all the financial markets all over the world shuddered, China, China, China... and he reminded me of that Curtis Mayfield song: if we're going to hell we all go together. Whatever the ultimate outcome, not even the evil financiers have the situation in pocket. One world government...good luck, philosopher kings...

* we see today how blatant and "in control" these folks want to pretend to be with their creation of events. this is the great age old story of the person who thinks they know it all and eventually falls. history has seen this before, time and time again. the amount of dependency people have on the system and the scale of destruction which technology has amassed in the hands of the delusional is something the world may have never seen before - and Mr. Mayfield may very well be right this time. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length